Future Aircraft Design Engineer (m/f/d)
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team "Visionary Aircraft Concepts" you will do research in the field of aircraft design to evaluate future aircraft incorporating novel system technologies powered by, e.g., kerosene, batteries, or hydrogen
- Specifically, you will perform aircraft sizing, architecture studies, trade studies, and optimisation
- In cooperation with industrial partners and international research institutions, you will work on joint projects in the field of aircraft and system design
- With increasing experience you will take responsibility for project coordination
- In an interdisciplinary team you will contribute your ideas as an aircraft designer to internal projects
Please apply by September 30th 2021
- You have successfully completed your studies in Aeronautical / Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- You have either already earned a PhD degree or you intend to obtain one
- You have already gained experience in the fields of aircraft design and performance calculation, and, if possible, propulsion system design
- You have excellent mathematical and analytical skills, good programming skills in Python and are willing to familiarise yourself with new topics and tools
- Ideally, you also have knowledge of CPACS, TiGL, TiXI, RCE, and multidisciplinary optimisation methods
- Creativity, reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and in working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are proficient in German and English
The future of
flying starts with us.
And with you.
Re-think the way we fly. In an international
think tank, at the highest professional level.
With experts from various disciplines that come
together in fascinating ways. Ready to always
improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten
path, constantly asking questions – and thereby
challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day.
In a young, modern working environment
with open ears and doors.
That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as DLR and the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Our benefits package encompasses a familyfriendly flexitime agreement, an attractive salary package in the public tariff system with company pension provision and a range of health programmes.