Student (m/f) in Aviation, Transportation, Geography or Statistics for a Master Thesis
- You will prepare a thesis about the process of deriving a generalized catchment area model, from published catchment area reports from airports
- Based on a literature review, you will have gathered and understood existing airport catchment area models and approaches and airport's catchment area publications
- Based on published airport catchment area information you will derive a model, e.g. a regression model, for predicting the catchment area for a generic airport based on spatial, demographic, and travel time information
- The resulting and developed methodology are your scientific contribution, while one verification example case showcases the validity of the developed model
- You contribution will be used in state-of-the-art traffic simulations to model airport access and egress behaviour
- You are a student in Aviation, Transportation, Geography, Statistics, or a related field
- You are already familiar with writing seminar/term papers or theses
- You enjoy learning or advancing skills, as you will be using statistical language (R), version control (Git), geographic information (QGIS), and scientific document preparation (LaTeX) systems
- Reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and in working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are a proficient user of the English language
The future of
flying starts with us.
And with you.
Re-think the way we fly. In an international
think tank, at the highest professional level.
With experts from various disciplines that come
together in fascinating ways. Ready to always
improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten
path, constantly asking questions – and thereby
challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day.
In a young, modern working environment
with open ears and doors.
That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Our benefits package encompasses a familyfriendly flexitime agreement, an attractive salary package in the public tariff system with company pension provision and a range of health programmes.