Student (m/f/d) in Business Administration or Business Informatics for a Final Thesis
- You will start with a literature research on portfolio theory and its application to calculate the return of airline fleets
- Based on your literature research results you select and expand an appropriate framework to describe the influence of novel technologies on the return of a fleet
- You implement the described framework in a software tool and investigate the influence of aircraft and fleet parameters i.a. aircraft service time, risk of failure, fleet size and operating cost on the return of the entire fleet
- As you progress, you will write an English documentation of your analyses as well as your results and conclusions
- You are a student (m/f/d) in Business Administration, Business Informatics or a related field
- You are proficient in a programming language, preferential R, Java or Matlab
- You have previous knowledge of portfolio theory and are interested in aviation
- Reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are a proficient user of the English language
The future of
flying starts with us.
And with you.
Re-think the way we fly. In an international
think tank, at the highest professional level.
With experts from various disciplines that come
together in fascinating ways. Ready to always
improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten
path, constantly asking questions – and thereby
challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day.
In a young, modern working environment
with open ears and doors.
That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Our benefits package encompasses a familyfriendly flexitime agreement, an attractive salary package in the public tariff system with company pension provision and a range of health programmes.