Post-Doctoral Researcher in Future Aircraft Design (m/f/d)
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team "Visionary Aircraft Concepts" you will get engaged in the field of aircraft design to evaluate future concepts incorporating novel system technologies, performing and guiding aircraft sizing, architecture and trade studies
- Specifically, you will within the team develop and review methods for the conceptual design and performance evaluation of radical aircraft concepts
- In cooperation with industrial partners and international research institutions, you will work on and lead joint projects in the field of aircraft and system design
- As a member of interdisciplinary team you will contribute your ideas and experience as an aircraft designer to internal projects
The position is initially fixed-term
- You have successfully completed your graduate research and PhD in Aerospace Engineering, ideally related to the conceptual design of advanced aircraft concepts
- You have a solid research & working experience in the fields of aircraft design and optimisation as well as performance assessment
- You can draw from a profound understanding of aircraft design methodologies and optimisation and visualisation techniques
- You have excellent mathematical and analytical skills, good programming skills in Matlab and Python and, ideally, you also have knowledge of CPACS, TiGL, TiXI, RCE, and multidisciplinary optimisation methods
- Creativity, reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and in working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are proficient in German and English
The future of
flying starts with us.
And with you.
Re-think the way we fly. In an international
think tank, at the highest professional level.
With experts from various disciplines that come
together in fascinating ways. Ready to always
improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten
path, constantly asking questions – and thereby
challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day.
In a young, modern working environment
with open ears and doors.
That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as DLR and the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Our benefits package encompasses a familyfriendly flexitime agreement, an attractive salary package in the public tariff system with company pension provision and a range of health programmes.