Post-Doctoral Researcher for Future Propulsion Systems (m/f/d)
- As a member of the team "Visionary Aircraft Concepts" you will get engaged in highly innovative propulsion research based on revolutionary gas turbine engines and hybrid propulsion architectures
- Specifically, you will within the team develop and review methods for the conceptual design, performance simulation and aircraft integration of highly advanced propulsion system solutions
- In cooperation with industrial partners and international research institutions, you will work on and take leadership responsibility for research projects in the field of advanced aircraft and propulsion system design
- As a member of interdisciplinary project teams, you will contribute with your ideas as an aircraft architect (generalist) and as a specialist in propulsion
The position is initially fixed-term
- You have successfully completed your graduate research and PhD in Aerospace Engineering, ideally related to design aspects of advanced propulsion systems
- You have a solid research & working experience in the fields of aircraft propulsion conceptual design and/or performance calculation
- You can draw from a profound understanding of thermodynamics and thermodynamic cycles relevant for advanced heat engine concepts
- You have excellent mathematical and analytical skills, good programming skills (e.g. MATLAB, Python) and are willing to familiarise yourself with new topics and tools
- Reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and in working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are proficient in German and English
The future of
flying starts with us.
And with you.
Re-think the way we fly. In an international
think tank, at the highest professional level.
With experts from various disciplines that come
together in fascinating ways. Ready to always
improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten
path, constantly asking questions – and thereby
challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day.
In a young, modern working environment
with open ears and doors.
That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as DLR and the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Our benefits package encompasses a familyfriendly flexitime agreement, an attractive salary package in the public tariff system with company pension provision and a range of health programmes.