Aeronautical / Aerospace / Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d) as scientific employee
- As a member of the team "Visionary Aircraft Concepts" you will do research in the field of advanced flight propulsion systems based on revolutionary gas turbine engines and hybrid propulsion solutions
- Specifically, you will develop methods for the conceptual design, performance simulation and aircraft integration of advanced propulsion system solutions
- In cooperation with industrial partners and international research institutions, you will work on joint projects in the field of aircraft and propulsion system design
- With increasing experience, you will take responsibility for project coordination
- As a member of interdisciplinary project teams, you will contribute with your ideas as an aircraft architect (generalist) and as a specialist in propulsion
Please apply by February 28th 2021.
- You have successfully completed your studies in Aeronautical / Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- You have either already earned a PhD degree or you intend to obtain one
- You have already gained experience in the fields of thermodynamics, engine conceptual design and/or performance calculation
- You have excellent mathematical and analytical skills, good programming skills (e.g. MATLAB, Python) and are willing to familiarise yourself with new topics and tools
- Ideally, you also have knowledge of aircraft design and optimisation methods
- Reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and in working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are proficient in German and English
The future of
flying starts with us.
And with you.
Re-think the way we fly. In an international
think tank, at the highest professional level.
With experts from various disciplines that come
together in fascinating ways. Ready to always
improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten
path, constantly asking questions – and thereby
challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day.
In a young, modern working environment
with open ears and doors.
That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Our benefits package encompasses a familyfriendly flexitime agreement, an attractive salary package in the public tariff system with company pension provision and a range of health programmes.