Transport System Economist / Transport System Engineer (m/f/d) as scientific employee
- In the team "Economics & Transportation" you will be responsible for coordinating Urban Air Mobility activities at Bauhaus Luftfahrt
- In cooperation with our industrial partners and international research institutes you will define, acquire and lead research projects in the field of Urban Air Mobility
- You will be responsible for scientific supervision of Urban Air Mobility research covering vehicle design, modelling and simulation, business model development, city integration and benchmarking
- You contribute your ideas in an interdisciplinary team to internal design projects as an transport engineer and as a specialist for Urban Air Mobility
- The position is initially fixed-term
- You have successfully completed your study in the area of transportation, economics or aeronautical engineering
- You have successfully finished your PhD with a focus on novel mobility concepts, ideally with a focus on modelling and simulation or city integration
- You have already gained experience in project acquisition, project coordination together with industrial, national and European partners
- You are capable to maintain and extend existing research co-operations in the area of Urban Air Mobility internationally
- Reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and in working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are proficient in German and English
The future of
flying starts with us.
And with you.
Re-think the way we fly. In an international
think tank, at the highest professional level.
With experts from various disciplines that come
together in fascinating ways. Ready to always
improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten
path, constantly asking questions – and thereby
challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day.
In a young, modern working environment
with open ears and doors.
That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Our benefits package encompasses a familyfriendly flexitime agreement, an attractive salary package in the public tariff system with company pension provision and a range of health programmes.